Tuesday, October 20, 2015

BEAUTIFUL FOR GOD


I AM BEAUTIFUL AND PRECIOUS IN GOD'S SIGHT...

MORE IMPORTANTLY... SO ARE YOU!


If I made you believe that I don't care about  what people think and say about me, I certainly gave 

you the  wrong impression. I am one of those people who constantly worry about how I come across 

to people and what they think of me, or at least that's  the way I used to be until recently...



 Recently I started to consider all of the people God used throughout scripture to accomplish his 

purpose and will. He picked some pretty unlikely candidates for his will. Who knew that the little 

farm boy David would end up becoming a mighty King of Israel? Who knew that God would use 

the prostitute Rehab to protect the Israelite spies who were sent out to scout the Promise Land? 

Neither of these people would have been able to accomplish God's will if they were totally self 

focused and worried about what others thought. There was also John the Baptist the crazy wild

man in the wilderness who baptized people unto repentance. With his diet of locusts and his camel

belt and scraggly hair, I am sure he was quite the catch for women.,, Think about it



So what does this mean? Simply that being self-focused and self-absorbed may hinder us from doing 

God's will. 


The Psalmist talks about humans  being "fearfully and wonderfully made." I think its funny how

I can have a rotten attitude because of a bad hair day or because I gained a few extra pounds over

the Christmas Holidays. Plenty of women are physically deformed or crippled and yet they are

beautiful at heart. This makes me think that my priorities have been wrong and that the image sold

by the world is a load of garbage. Maybe that's because it was... Here's what the bible says, 

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."  1 Peter 3:3-4

What I  recently learned is that  God's will and purpose for me is greater than 
anyone else's. I had to make a choice.  Is it worth more getting approval from
man or God?  I am not going to lie... I still  struggle with this in my life but I have made a decision that I am more interested in being beautiful For God than anyone else and that my personality and character should be pleasing to him above anyone else! "If God is for me, who can be against me?"  

Guess what? If you are walking in God's will and doing right in his sight and pursuing his definition of beauty you are more beautiful than you realize! 






No comments:

Post a Comment